Saturday, May 23, 2009

Yes, I work full time,.... yes, I feel like I'm on vacation sometimes still...

Last weekend was an extended one -with a little hiatus of work on Sunday ;-(...... A gorgeous bike ride Saturday, camping out on Sunday and a hike on Monday.....
There is nothing quite like sleeping outside under the stars..... A make-shift bed outside on the patio, fresh mountain air blowing through and more stars than the human eye can ever perceive... Waking up early morning by the sound of the birds and the bright sunshine.... Breathing the thin Santa Fe mountain air took me back about 30 years in a milli-second......: flash backs of family vacations in Tschiertschen, a little village in the Swiss Alps...



On Monday we hiked,..... We spent less than 5 minutes following a designated trail up the mountain ridge and the rest of the 7 hours bushwhacking through steep and not so steep mountain slopes, scrambling over rocks and tree trunks, holding on for dear life to whatever appeared to feel solid enough to provide some support....... The views were great, and it was a true endurance, coordination and balance challenge.... I have a pair of pants with 6 big holes in it and some war wounds to prove my survival ;-)!!!! I have to say I was very happy to see the gate and the car silhouette and I think I dreamed about maps, compasses and GPS systems that night ;-)!!!!




No comments: