Tuesday, June 23, 2009

St. Louis visit

I made it back.... When driving out here last fall, I just assumed I would be going back for a St. Louis visit every few months or so but somehow it didn't happen..... until this weekend.... Doug and I flew back for a less than 48 hour visit and got a good flash of St. Louis life; wonderful friends, too much good food and lethal humid swampy weather...
It really did feel like a visit and not like I was returning 'home'... Somehow, I don't know when or how, I transitioned from calling St. Louis my home to calling and feeling NM my home...








Beyond visiting people -great to see all the ones I did, sorry to miss the many more I didn't this time 'round-, we drove by Doug's old home and elementary school (he spent 1st and 2nd grade in STL) and drove by my house and through my Webster neighborhood....

And yes, although I did live in STL almost 8 years , we did get lost intermittently..... The I-40 closure combined with my lack of direction sense proved to be quite a combo....

No comments: