Sunday, January 10, 2010

I am SOOOOOO lucky .....

... to be living here in New Mexico (and for plenty of other things too)!!! Every time we go hiking (which is quite a bit as you all know ;-)!), I am still just amazed by the beauty and openness of the landscape, the endless skies, the far reaching horizons.... I have not been to any other place quite like it. Combined with so much sunshine, even with cold temperatures in winter, it really is the ideal place to live!!!!!

This is the trail head of today's hike:


We hiked from Tesuque up through Pacheco canyon: 2 hours just in hiking boots and than 2 hours in snow shoes, all uphill, REALLY!





We're leaving just footprints, a little bigger than some other living creatures....


Note the hat, my second knitting project.....


After 4 hours of great oxygen therapy (I'm convinced the hike cleared my sinuses!!!), we came to the SF ski area road and hitched a ride back into town. I haven't hitch hiked in almost 20 years and was a little sceptical at first but Doug was right; Getting a ride down the mountain on a Sunday late afternoon in the middle of ski-season is very easy. I don't think we had to wait more than 2 minutes before getting picked up!

No comments: