Monday, February 1, 2010

Ignorance is bliss

That is in cross country skiing...




We had some fresh snow last week and contemplating how to spent my Monday day off, we decided to go cross country skiing. I had NEVER been before! We bundled up, rented cross country skis, drove out to park one of the cars at our finishing point and off we went..... What an adventure! About 4 hours and 25 falls later, we made it back to the car. It really was awesome and I'll go again in a heart beat. The road was generally on a downhill slope without pre-made cross country trails and on the icy parts I figured out cross country skis don't give you much -if any- control! It was a good thing I didn't quite realize what I was in for until well into the trek!
I am now a very experienced snow-and-ice-faller ;-), so I feel ready to take on some more winter adventures!!!

No comments: