Saturday, June 26, 2010

It's official!!!

I am a New Mexico resident! I have the driver's license and car registration to prove it! Gone are the 'Show-Me-State' plates; Welcome to 'The land of Enchantment'! I am sprouting official roots!



Although I am still in transition and 'in between' work-wise, life has definitely changed! Doug has gone from having plenty-of-flexible-time to having very limited non-study-time. Walks to the 'San Francisco street bar and grill', the 'Zia diner', 'Guadelupe Cafe' and 'Clafoutis' are being replaced by more at-home-meals, walks to 'Whole foods' and the occasional lunch at the 'Taj Mahal' buffet (VERY VERY delicious!!!). Outdoor time is dictated by the Albuquerque temperatures, typically at least 10 degrees hotter than Santa Fe (I am going to LOVE the winters here!!!). I am missing the SF Plaza but loving Altura Park.....

The transition phase will go on for a few more weeks / months to come; My sister and her family will be visiting from Belgium YIPEEE!!!!!) and I'm just taking a temporary ABQ job after that....

It's still hard to imagine what life will look like more long term........

No comments: