Monday, February 23, 2009

Can life get any better?

Well, where do I start? I think this is the longest I've gone without any postings....Oops... I'll do better again... promise...

It is hard to describe the high lights of an all-round amazingly fabulous weekend... It's like the flip side of moms telling their kids not to stick their tongues out or frown as their faces might stay like that for the rest of their lives... Well, I think my face has taken on a permanent smile....

An almost full weekend in Santa Fe;

- hiking up through the packed snow to Raven's ridge (11.000 feet I think) with the most amazing views of the surrounding area's, enjoying a peaceful meditative nap on top of the ridge before snow shoeing (or skipping, sliding and falling ;-) ) down in the fresh snow, off trail, between the trees back to the ski basin... just -barely- before sunset...
- riding a bike through Santa Fe, I did discover that mountain biking will never be my activity of choice (I am very happy both colar bones are still intact and there were no summersaults over the handlebars ;-)... but just riding through town was great and made me think of so many places in Europe where this is a real way of life... (or at least a way of picking up fresh pastries ;-) )...


Views from Raven's Ridge





And than there was carrot cake and apple pie.....(Well, it was more like a basket of delicious fresh apples wrapped in fresh pastry with a generous caramel topping...), great dinner, wood burning fire place, ......


Yes, it really was this dark when we got down from the trail.... Santa Fe by night...

No comments: