Monday, February 9, 2009

Oh what a week....

Monday, I had a "sucky' day at work. No need to explain beyond "junior high attitudes". I tried to raise above it and went into work with a positive attitude on Tuesday..... I was pretty successful until I was about to go home and found my purse without wallet. It was stolen out of the locked hatch above my desk. All gone: credit and debit cards, cash, MO drivers license, library cards, store cards, credit card receipts,... all GONE!!! The worst feeling really; I just wanted to quit the job right there and then and get the hell out of Albuquerque never to set foot in the place again.... Luckily, that lasted all of about 30 minutes! I had to meet with security and risk management (an obvious inside job), I cancelled my cards and security went through trash cans and searched the hospital grounds..... I must have looked pretty pathetic, lost and sad because people started to give me cash to get through the days to come... I collected over $300 in less than 30 mins.... Good to know I do have skills beyond PT and if the going gets tough, I could always go into a second career as a professional panhandler...

I had to take Wednesday off to take care of stuff and very naively thought the MO driver's license bureau were really as friendly and efficient as they initially appeared. I found out later that was a magical illusion but I guess helpful at the time... I will eventually get things organized but it's going to take significantly more phone calls, faxes, letters, and frustrations than I had initially thought and hoped...

No comments: