Thursday, December 16, 2010

I love walking...

I was contemplating this during my hike yesterday.

I obviously love hiking in the beautiful relaxing scenery and crisp air, away from the stresses of day-to-day life, but I also like just walking to the store or for dinner, or stroll through the neighborhood for a little exercise before bedtime... I grew up walking everywhere; to preschool and grade school, to the butcher and the bakery, to church and friends houses, to coffee shops and stores.....
There's something about being able to get your body to where you want to go by using your legs and feet and it really is a great thing. For somebody who is spending the majority of her professional life working with people for whom walking is a temporary or permanent challenge, I have grown appreciative of my size 11.5 (I am so happy I don't have to write 12) feet!

No comments: