Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I stopped procrastinating!!!



The time has come....... I've accepted a permanent job!!!! I've spent a lot of time over the past few weeks contacting and talking to people in the PT field, sending out resumes, doing interviews and shadowing therapists in a variety of hospitals, private practices and home health agency's. The options were plentiful, some interactions a little odd, the variety immense, the decisions hard to make. There were so many factors to take into consideration and some compromises to be made: working environment, interest and challenges of the caseload, pay, bike riding distance, impressions of co-workers, time off and starting date...

I've accepted a full time job at UNMH (University of New Mexico Hospitals), the only level one trauma center and teaching hospital in the state. I will be part of their IP pediatric / adult neurology team. I had a great first impression of most people I met, the clinical work seems challenging and interesting, it's about a 10 minute bike ride from the house and they are allowing me to start in January!!!

I am actually surprised about how excited I am! I hope to be happy there in the next few years!!!

No comments: