Thursday, July 17, 2008

a day of chores...

My only day off this week, so I should have been sleeping in and relaxing but there's not too much of that these days. After an early wake-up and my mandatory 3 mugs of strong morning coffee (in the interest of peace in my immediate vicinity), I felt ready to roll. I had my weekly conversations with mom and dad, this time with the occasional interruption of my darling niece Elisabeth who was spending her 6th birthday at grandma and grandpa's. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
After that, Joan and I took a trip to Soulard market to buy some fruit for the weekend; I am going to a 3 day meditation retreat at MABA (mid-America-Buddhist association) and volunteered to help with the food. 'Some' fruit is probably an understatement; my car was almost fully loaded with pineapples, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, avocados, peaches, plums, nectarines and melons. I don't think we'll be short on vitamines; it will be a weekend with nutrition for mind and body!!!
I went for a wonderfull lunch with Joann and Lucas and was the lucky recipient of an educational session on Indiana Jones (courtesy of Lucas Britt and Lego) in the process ;-). The rest of the afternoon was spent going to the bank, my property management company, the bikeshop, the jeweller... to than finish off on the phone dealing with the progress (or lack there-off) of getting my Arizona PT state license. I'm happy to share that things are looking up and the only requirement still to be fulfilled is the educational credentialing process. The fact that I went through all of that 10 years ago when my PT education was found to be equivalent to the US PT education, doesn't seem to mean much to them. I now have to do it all over again, same paperwork, same process, just a different $650!!! I'll get it at least in time for my second traveling asignment!
I feel ready for bed but the cats are ready to play, it seems like their day has just started. This is definitely as much male attention as I've had for a while....;-)!!!!

No comments: