Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Welcome!

Well, I guess this is my first posting. Today is as good of a day as any to start... I'm on the floor in the dark basement surrounded by boxes, wrapped up furniture and a spaghetti set-up of extension cords that still need to be boxed up. Not a real cosy setting but hopefully as time goes on, I'll be blogging from more exciting places....
I'm getting ready to move out of my house, my home for 6 years, on Friday. Without getting too sentimental, this move is definitely bittersweet; lots of memories, some of the best and worst days of my life spent here between the bright yellow walls, the noisy wooden floors and the jungle-like plant displays.... 
Although I'm exhausted from hours of packing, wrapping, sorting possessions, calls and emails  to and from my property management company, organizing address changes, storage and movers,... I feel ready to move on with surprisingly few second thoughts or doubts about my decision. I am sure they will pop up occasionally in the coming weeks or months and I'll have to process them as they come. Right now, I just feel excited and fortunate to be able to take on this adventure of travel and work, so I'm just going with that ;-)!!!

No comments: