Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I need tutoring!

The course "Spanish for health care professionals" at Santa Fe community college required some prior Spanish knowledge. I only went through one chapter of Rosetta Stone and I can safely say I will not make it to "quick-learner-poster-child-status" any time soon! More than half of the class are native Spanish speakers who talk 100 miles an hour. I can make out about 25% of what is being said and that's with intent listening followed by a good old headache...
But some extra tutoring, repetition, a study partner, flash cards, an attitude of using whatever French is left in my brain -not that much!!!- and making it sound Spanish, go a long way ;-)!

I feel like I've learned a lot already over a short time and find myself paying more attention and at least trying to understand Spanish conversations at work.

First test done, first homework turned in,... Let's see how all this will turn out....

No comments: