Saturday, September 12, 2009

The pet parade

As part of the fall Fiesta celebrations, Santa Fe held it's yearly pet parade today. I didn't expect much but wanted to stop by on the way to the farmer's market and was very surprised at the huge crowds and the variety of pets in the parade...





I like animals being animals and I'm not sure what some dogs must have been thinking about this dress-up game, but it seemed like none of them minded having on clothes and hats, goggles and glasses, hair ties and bows and even layers of body paint...
It reminded me of June and Nel, a retired lady and her therapeutic Dalmation dog who visited St. Louis Children's hospital religiously twice a week. They would wear matching outfits, curtesy of the longer term patients, and were definitely a bright spot in lives of being prodded and poked, sick and in pain.






Some of my favorites....







You gotto love people who bring out their not-so-obvious-pet-parade-choices....


No comments: