Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Foreigners....

The OT at the hospital had a little party at her house last Saturday. Not one to want to miss out on anything (especially food and drinks and company), I went. It was quite amazing.... In this little community in the New Mexican desert, there were 7 different nationalities!!! Italian, German, Mexican, Bulgarian, Finnish, Belgian ( ;-) ) and obviously American. I thought that was quite amazing. It definitely made me feel at home!!
At work Sunday, I met this no-nonsense floor secretary; Turns out she was from Norfolk, England. With a thick English accent and the attitude to go with it, she explained to me she really does not like Alamogordo except for the weather. She than started going through a list of things about Americans she didn't like. I'm all for straight forward interactions, but her bluntness almost made me feel uncomfortable. She was funny though I have to admit...

No comments: