Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Leaving town tomorrow early.....

It is happening...... I'm about to leave St. Louis for Alamogordo, New Mexico. My excitement is being tempered a little by some nervousness, ........ but overall, I feel READY!!!!

I keep reminding myself of the great Dr. Seuss wisdom as discribed in 'Oh, the places you'll go!'......

"But on you will go
though the weather be foul.
On you will go
though your enemies prowl.
On you will go
though the Hakken-Kraks howl.
Onward up many
a frightening creek,
though your arms may get sore
and your sneakers may leak.
On and on you will hike.
And I know you'll hike far
and face up to your problems
whatever they are.

You'll get mixed up, of course
as you already know
you'll get mixed up
with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
98 and 3/4% guaranteed.

So, be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'shea,
you're off to great places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So..... get on your way!!



I'm not entirely sure about internet access in my appartment out there, but I'm promising an update as soon as I can!!!

No comments: