Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dog canyon trail

Well, it seems like this blog is turning into a "hiking diary" for now, but I guess that's what I'm doing most of. I have a list of other places to visit and things to do here in Southern New Mexico but have a hard time even leaving this immediate area on my days off, it is just too pretty and there's just too much to do.
One of these weeks I'll make it to Silver City, Carlsbad caverns, Rosswell and Las Cruces.... ;-).


But for today it was Dog Canyon, about 20 minutes from here. Lower in elevation than many of my previous hikes, so much hotter unfortunately and totally different vegetation; The true South Western landscape which reminded me of hikes around Phoenix and Tucson. It was hard work but the lower altitude made it so that I wasn't gasping for every next breath....







No comments: