Sunday, November 30, 2008

I thought I was in Europe...

Just for an hour or so...

We finished work early yesterday (and today for that matter) so time to play!!! A short hike in Andreas Canyon -I think Jesse enjoyed the drive out there as much as the hike-, a great stew dinner at Jesse and Cathy's (and free entertainment provided by Bryce and Conrad ;-) ) and than up to Cloudcroft in the mountains. A huge bonfire in the town center, cold and crisp mountain air, hot coco and toasted march mellows, and the grand arrival of Santa and Mrs Claus on the fire truck -with cookies-!! You've gotto love it!!!
I felt like it could have been any small town in Europe, a little German x-mas market, a local Belgian school fair, a French town gathering... I much enjoyed the atmosphere and the familiarity of it all....
Unfortunately I did forget my camera!!

No comments: