Sunday, January 25, 2009

Google maps and old town

Those were the focus of my Saturday. Playing around on Google maps on Saturday morning, I re-discovered the feature of calculating distances by just clicking on map points. So I clicked and clicked and clicked and plenty of time later came up with a nice 7 mile run exploring my new neighborhood. I hadn't run in quite a while so the only demand I put upon myself was that I wasn't allowed to stop. So I wouldn't say I ran 7 miles, I think I plodded 7 miles but it's a start again.... I'm sure I'll pick up speed soon....

In the afternoon I played tourist and visited old town. I really did enjoy browsing around the cute little art stores. I barely stopped myself from buying a necklace and some great photography art. I came home just with a pair of long inseam jeans.... I also did check out the new REI on my way back and had my first dinner at "the flying star", around the corner from my apartment, I have a feeling it was the first of many to come...





No comments: