Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Happy New year to everybody everywhere! I would like to use this Irish saying to toast: "In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, never in want."

Yesterday was another crystal clear New Mexican night and I decided to go on a little mountain / desert hike and meditate on the year passed and the year ahead, on my newish direction in life started in 2008 to be continued in 2009, on the enormous rewards of opening up to new experiences, however simple they might be, on the huge impact of friendships, the old ones savored and treasured, the new ones smiling with enthusiasm and delight and on the almost-endless future life possibilities ahead of me.
I thought of the flip sides of all a these positives: with freedom comes uncertainty and with openness comes vulnerability, solo travel is bound with times of loneliness and the challenge of leaving behind blooming friendships....

I guess 2009 is calling to all of us in degrees of uncertainty, and we're all answering the call in our own way, paving our path for 2009....

My meditation spot ....


No comments: