Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hiking again...

Well, I was getting withdrawal symptoms, I hadn't hiked for 2 weeks or so.... The best remedy? Just getting out there... Also. I felt my blog was in need of some more pictures....
After a little research I decided to go to "Tent Rocks", about halfway between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. They are rock formations in the shapes of cone shaped tents, the product of volcanic eruptions 6 to 7 million years ago. Over time, wind and water created arroyos and canyons. It reminded me quite a bit of Bryce canyon in southern Utah.
I made a late start (I went to a spinning class in the morning and skyped with my parents) so didn't get there until almost 2pm. Luckily, there was really only one hiking trail about 3 miles long...

The fact that I took 83 pictures should tell you enough....





No comments: