Saturday, January 10, 2009

Moving...

I'm packing up my apartment tonight, leaving for Albuquerque tomorrow,.... I have been here just 4 months and part of me feels like I've lived here for years (in a good way!!). Never in my wildest dreams did I think it was going to be this difficult leaving a place I had only been for 16 weeks.... It reminds me a little of leaving a summer camp with strong bonds through fun great shared experiences... I just wish I was sitting by a huge campfire singing songs tonight..... The leaving lunch, an evening leaving party and a "last supper" this week will just have to replace singing "Kumbayah" ;-)...

I guess I'm fortunate to be feeling this way, to have been able to establish such strong connections in such a short period of time... to have so thoroughly enjoyed the mountains, the desert, the canyons, the white sand dunes, the southwestern sunny skies, the cacti and the rocks, the fabulous weather.... !!! I just looked back through my hiking book covering most of the area here and counted 21 highlighted hikes (and there are at least 5 more that aren't in the book!!!!). I guess I'll have to come back to do the other 130 ;-)!!!

When I left STL, I read Dr. Seuss' "Oh the places" and posted part of it on my blog... I'm reading it again tonight and this is what's standing out to me about my time here .....



"It's opener there
in the wide open air
Out there things can happen
and frequently do....."

"And when things start to happen
don't worry. Don't stew.
Just go right along.
YOU'LL start happening too"

Although transitions are always difficult, I am really looking forward to what Albuquerque has to offer... I have a list of meditation places and recommended restaurants, I've signed up for a hiking meet up group and have information about a midnight full moon hike over the Sandia Crest, ... I'm excited about a Santa Fe weekend, a whole foods shopping spree and some cool coffee shops.... I'm pushing thoughts of colder weather, longer commutes and more job stressors quite successfully to the back of my brain for now...

I should have my high speed Internet connected on Monday so no excuses not to keep the blog updated!!! My new address will be:
Telegraph Hill apartments
7000 Louisiana Blvd NE, apt 803
Albuquerque, NM 87109

1 comment:

Free Radical said...

i used to live in Albuquerque its an awesome place