Friday, January 23, 2009

WE have a new president...

Yes, I'm writing WE, remember, I did become a US citizen and voted!!! So I feel at least partially responsible for the wonderful event that took place on Tuesday: the inauguration of our new President: BARACK OBAMA!!! I wish I would have just taken some days off and flown to DC to watch this extra ordinary event!!!



Yes I did like Michelle Obama's outfit and thought Sasha and Malia were adorably cute in their bright J Crew coats. I found the parades fun to watch, the music performances greatly entertaining and the crowds of almost 2 million people just an amazing sight. But most of all, like so many people, I again feel an individual sense of connection to the country's leadership, I can feel a citizen of the global world instead of just living in the isolated island of power and arrogance, I feel invested in what I trust will be a very tough but fair and right decision-making administration.....

I'm not wearing rosy colored glasses; for the first time in my life I am actually personally linked to people affected by the current economic fiasco; friends losing their jobs or not being as prosperous, some even truely struggling to make it through tough times....
I also feel we have the the right man in the white house to coach us through what I'm sure will plenty of challenging years ahead.......

No comments: