Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's been a long time.....

1- since somebody called me "little girl". One of my patients, an 86 year old gentleman who just had a knee replacement, was on the phone to one of his daughters when I walked into his room. He told her he had to go as "my little PT girl is here". I don't think of myself as "little" in any sense of the word,.... quite funny though....

2- since I have seen a dress code this laid back. I think I met one person in the past month who has worn a tie: the CEO of the hospital. Pretty much anything seems to go. None of the physicians wear a tie (let alone a bow tie). It's often hard to tell if the person bedside is a family member, a pizza delivery boy, a lost hiker looking for directions, or the attending physician on rounds. Seriously, last week I saw this dude on the floor in hiking boots, a pair of shorts and an hawaiian shirt so bright it hurt my eyes. Turned out it was one of the ortho-docs on rounds....

3- Since that many people have such a keen interest in my 12 year old bright blue Doc Martens sandals ;-). Maybe they do have another 12 year in them after all!


No comments: