Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Life Philosophy

'HAPPINESS IS WHEN WHAT YOU THINK, WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO ARE IN HARMONY." GANDHI.

I came across this quote a few weeks ago and it stuck with me. I tried to think of situations where this wouldn't be true and couldn't think of any.

Initially all I could think of was "What you see is what you get", the more direct (and do I dare say 'European') approach to communicating and interacting. This has gotten me in some trouble before, being labeled an "aggressive communicator" at work when I felt I was just objectively stating my thoughts and beliefs and acting on them.

I guess there's a more profound layer to it too, especially when it comes to personal things. When your words and deeds reflect your inside private thoughts, it puts your true nature out there for everybody to see and know. Therefore it makes you more vulnerable.

I feel it's a great life philosophy to follow......

No comments: