Friday, October 17, 2008

Meditation

I haven't posted much about my meditation practice. There are no meditation gatherings in Alamogordo so I have to be more self driven in my practice. I am sitting in meditation at least 20 minutes about every other day.
Because I'm generally more relaxed and am living moment to moment due to the nature of my life right now, it's a little easier than it used to be. I turned my spare bedroom into a meditation room which helps too.

I've been reading and learning some more about Karma and want to share:
Karma is used as an ethical principle and a cosmological explanation for the world. Buddhists believe that the actions of beings determine their own future, and because of this there are no private actions: all actions have a consequence.

"I am the owner of my karma .
I inherit my karma.
I am born of my karma.
I am related to my karma.
I live supported by my karma.
Whatever karma I create, whether good or evil, that I shall inherit."
The Buddha, Anguttara Nikaya V.57 - Upajjhatthana Sutta

This all makes some sense to me, or at least more than any other explanation for good and not so good personal and global events.....

No comments: